I kept the sidetone changes in separate patches since I don't know
if I solved the DAPM-off issue cleanly enough. Also, a new driver may
still have a chance to make 4.7, but maybe it's too late for the DAPM
Finally, I wonder if the device tree crowd prefers seeing the whole of
a series such as this, or only the bindings patch?
New in v4:
- Split out the device tree bindings in its own patch.
- Move format check from ->startup to ->set_fmt.
- Don't spam the log on probe defer.
- Follow-up patches for the backwards sidetone control.
New in v3:
- The updated bindings file went missing in v2. Sorry for the confusion.
New in v2:
- Add comment about fall through when Integer Clock Mode is not possible.
- Drop export of max9860_probe.
- Ignore clk docs and read the mclk rate w/o enabling the clock.
- Manage the DVDDIO supply.
Peter Rosin (4):
dt-bindings: sound: add bindings for the max9860 codec
ASoC: MAX9860: new driver
ASoC: dapm: support mixer controls with mute at non-zero value
ASoC: MAX9860: add sidetone mixer control
The max9860 codec has a mixer control field that has its mute/disable at
the wrong end of the scale. I.e. you turn the volume up and up, and then
as the final step the volume is off. This does not sit well with DAPM,
which assumes the mute/off is at the minimum value.
Add support for such backwards controls with code that searches TLV ranges
for the mute value and use that as trigger for DAPM off.