BLKRASET (ra_pages) on a per partition basis

BLKRASET (ra_pages) on a per partition basis

Artem S. Tashkinov
Hello,

I wonder how difficult and feasible would be to implement per partition
readahead settings.

Currently the Linux kernel sets readahead for the entire device, as
opposed to individual partitions and that's absolutely inconvenient.

For instance, I don't want large readahead numbers for my / and /home
partitions, however for my /mnt/media partition setting a high readahead
value would be very beneficial.

Artem

the body of a message to [hidden email]