2.6.12-rc2-mm3 and bttv -> kernel panic

Florian Engelhardt
Hello,

i tried to install a 2.6.12-rc2-mm3 kernel with bttv support and
after restarting the machine, i got something like this:

bttv0: PLL 28636363 => 35469950 .. ok
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer ...

Call trace:
msp 3400_init_module
do_init_calls
init
init
init
kernel_thread_helper
kernel_thread_helper

If i build the bttv support as a module and doing a modprobe bttv when
the system is up, it loads without problems.

And second one:
Of course the nvidia-kernel module does not work right with the 2.6.12-
rc2-mm3 kernel. I can modprobe it, but if i try to start the X-Server,
it tells me, that it is unable to load the kernel module (allthough it
is allready loaded)

Kind regards

Florian Engelhardt

--
"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous"
David Bradley, who invented the (in)famous ctrl-alt-del key combination

Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm3 and bttv -> kernel panic

Valdis.Kletnieks
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:54:08 +0200, Florian Engelhardt said:

> Of course the nvidia-kernel module does not work right with the 2.6.12-
> rc2-mm3 kernel. I can modprobe it, but if i try to start the X-Server,
> it tells me, that it is unable to load the kernel module (allthough it
> is allready loaded)

NVidia driver 7167 and 7174 work just fine with 2.6.12-rc2-mm3, at least for
some people. If it's not working for you, that's an NVidia problem, not a lkml
one.  If you need help, yell off-list and I'll see what I can do, or go to the
NVidia page the drivers are on, and follow the 'Forums' link - that's a *very*
good source for assistance and patches..